14th Course Date: April 11 to 18, 2018.
a) Headquarter and organization:
Under the responsibility of IGBJ La Paz, the WGO La Paz Training Center, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health of the Plurinational State of Bolivia and Japan International Cooperation Agency - JICA.
b) Facilities and institutions:
The 14th International Course will be held at IGBJ La Paz and IGBJ Sucre, with academic activities and social action differentiated in the program.
The14th Course is aimed to specialists in gastroenterology, digestive endoscopy or gastrointestinal surgery with practice on endoscopy and medical practice of Latin American countries. 40 scholarships.
d) Language and certificate:
The official language for the Course is Spanish. It will grant a certificate of participation and approval of the 14th Course to those participants who successfully completed the theoretical and practical evaluation and have 100% attendance to activities defined in the academic programs and social action.
e) General objective:
To contribute with gastrointestinal primary and advanced training of specialists in Latin America with emphasis on regional relevant diseases.
f) Specific objectives:
- - To promote the highest standards on advances of Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy to medical specialists in Latin America.
- - To develop a curriculum for training on Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy, based on current science and ethical principles that are relevant to local and regional needs of health care with social vision through the Community Health Outreach Program.
- - To promote best practice guidelines on Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy, through the use of modern educational resources, such as Telehealth, digitalized medical information and medicine based on evidence.
- - To put gastroenterologists on training, in contact with current knowledge of Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy, in a practical way, with active participation of physicians in training.
- - To encourage interaction between international and regional experts in fields of Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy.